Blade-Style Flow Switch
Blade Style Flow Switch
Since the mid 1980’s these blade-style flow switches has been used by some of the largest companies in the fluid control industries as well as Pool & Spa. It has several factory adjustable parameters that provide the flexibility to meet the requirements of almost any application.
The blade-style switch verifies fluid flow, typically in conjunction with another device. For example in a chiller it prevents the system from freezing, and in most of swimming pool salt chlorine generators it has been used to verify sufficient flow before the generator is energized. In a spa or hot tub it ensures sufficient flow to prevent the water heater from a meltdown, and at home it turns on the water disinfection system when someone is getting a glass of water.
TYPICAL WORKING FLUIDS
For use in a broad spectrum of industrial fluids, such as:
- Cooling Tower Water
- Water (saltwater, pure, tap, etc.)
- Glycol Solutions Lubricating Oils
- Mild Acids Gasoline
- Plating Solutions JP-4
- Max. flow may be five times normal flow.
- Positive stop eliminates fatigue effects of turbulence, vibration and flow surge on flow detecting element.
- Very low pressure drop – typically less than 1.0 psig at normal flow rate.
- Small size and low profile provides easy mounting in crowded installations.
- Power the driving coil of small ice cube relays as well as some 30A power relays.
- Switches 5VDC to 240VAC.
- Switch employs magnetic coupling.
- Can be used in ¾ inch to 6 inch pipe
|Flow Range||0.7–590 GPM (2.6–2,233 L/m)|
|Working Temp||200˚F (93˚C) Maximum|
|Working Pressure||250 psi (1.724 kPa)|
|Process Connection||1/2″ NPT, 3/4″ NPT|
|Electrical (Reed) Switch||SPNO (single pole normally open) 0.5A*|
|Enclosure||NEMA 4X / IP 66|
In Chemical Processing:
- Fluid Blending Systems
- Liquid Transfer
- Heat Transfer Fluids
- Monitor Filter Clogging
- Liquid Scrubbers
- Starting back-up pumps
- Monitoring pump output, valve position, systems flow status
In Pool and Spa:
- Protect water heater in Spa
- Protect water heater in Pools
- Turn on Salt Chlorinator
- Turn on UV System
- Turn on Ozone System
Monitoring flow of coolant supplied to:
- Brakes and Clutches
- Emergency Wash-Down Showers
- Computer Systems
- Marine and Stationary Engines
- Diodes, SCRs, Triacs, etc.
- RF and Radar Transmitters
- Spot welders
- Fire Sprinkler Flow Alarms
- Vacuum Systems
In Water Treatment:
- Irrigation Systems
- Salt and Fresh Water Systems
- Chemical Feed Pump Control