Pool Efficiency Flowmeter
Pipe sizes: 1½″, 2″, 2½
Flow from: 10 to 150 GPM
Clamp-On – Insertion Mount
The FLOWREAD™ Pool Efficiency Flowmeter is designed specifically to measure the exact gallons per minute going through a pool system to help maximize energy savings and improve water quality. It installs in minutes, works with any pool, and requires no unions, adapters, primer, PVC cement, hacksaws, or PVC pipe cutting tools. Made in the USA.
- Flow rates from 10-150 GPM
- 1.5”, 2”, 2.5” – Horizontal flow only
- Well suited for closed pipe installations
- Easy to read scale, UV screen printed on both sides of the meter body
- Acceptable for outdoor installations (direct sunlight okay)
- Pitot Tube (impact tube) design makes it easy to install on existing pipe
- One piece, machined acrylic meter body
- Included SS clamps and gasket seal
- For use on PVC Pipes
Why do you need a Flow Switch?
Is your recirculation pump working?
Is your recirculation system at the correct flow rate?
Is your chemical pump injecting into a stopped system?
Is your filter clogged?
How Does it work?
Optional Flow Switch / Sensor is designed to detect Flow / No Flow.
When the float passes through the Alarm Trigger Zone (Hysteresis) of the Sensor Accessory, the built-in contact closure switch sends a signal to external devices.
Note: Two alarms can be placed onto one meter to obtain both ‘Flow Switch’ and ‘Flow Sensor’ capabilities.
|Voltage||100 VAC or VDC Abs. Max.|
|Current||0.250 Amp AC/DC Abs. Max.|
|Power||5 Watts Max.|
|Housing Material||PVDF, Black|
|Load Type||5 feet, 24 wire|
*For use with F-300 flowmeters which contain a RED float.
FLOW RATE SENSOR
Detects if water flow rate is at desired level. A built-in contact closure switch can remotely turn on/off a chemical pump and/or other external devices when flow rate is within desired range. Additionally, this can be used as an alarm signal if flow rate is not within flow range target, potentially indicating a clogged filter, malfunctioning equipment, closed valve, etc.
- With flow rate sensor installed at targeted flow rate, the sensor can detect if your flow is within desired range. The alarm hysteresis window is approx. 10GPM (varies).
ie. Target water flow rate is 65 GPM, alarm is placed so that 65 GPM is positioned in middle of indicator window. Sensor will trigger alarm at flow from 60 to 70 GPM
Detects if water is flowing through the pipe. If float leaves “Alarm trigger zone,” a built-in contact closure switch can remotely turn on/off a chemical pump and/or other external devices.
- With sensor installed at the base of the scale, the switch can detect a flow / no flow situation.