CHEMTROL® programmable PLC control systems designed for commercial pools and spas
A fully Programmable PLC controller designed for commercial pools and spas
Water treatment for swimming pools and spas requires the combination of physical and chemical processes, including pumping, filtration, chemical treatment, UV, heating and water replacement. Up to now, the processing equipment was made by different manufacturers and controlled individually, resulting in complicated and inefficient system installation and operation.
CHEMTROL® is introducing a new line of programmable PLC controllers. These unique systems incorporate all the monitoring, control and communication functions into a single integrated command center designed around a powerful microprocessor.
Proven reliability and performance with 5-year electronics warranty.
Stand-out features include
- Chemical Automation includes Free (ppmF) and Total (ppmT) chlorine control, combined chlorine for chloramine treatment, pH, TDS, TEMP and ORP.
- UV – automatic control of a UV Sterilization System using a 4-20mA output to ramp up and down the UV system based on the Chloramine measurement,
- Water Balance with display of the Langelier Saturation Index and automatic control of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS),
- Heater Control with automatic temperature control and energy saver program,
- Pump and Filter Control with weekly pump operation program and automated sequential back-washing of single or multiple filters, * Filter control with back-washing programs requires the up-gradable model PC7100-PLC,
- Remote Monitoring and control with our smart Web-server communication which offers true duplex operation with identical duplicate screens on both the controller and the computer.
The power switchboard can connect single or 3-phase equipment based on the facility size and required application,
Power switchboard includes:
- Main power isolator/ breaker,
- RCDs with circuit breakers,
- Contactors to control equipment such as; Pump-1, Pump-2, UV system and Heater,
- Single circuit breakers providing power to the CHEMTROL® PC5100 controller.
A complete PLC control system
The integrated main screen display enables the operator to supervise all the process functions at a glance and to quickly respond to any changing condition.
The PC5100-PLC controller operates like a computer with full-screen displays and direct-access menus and sub-menus. The front panel keypad is used to move up and down each menu and enter or exit the sub-menus. All operating functions can be easily modified from the keypad, including sensor calibration, control set-points, alarm levels and the programs for super-chlorination, sequential back-washing, chemical saving and energy saving programs.
Instruments control – IN
- Flow Meter – 4-20mA flow sensor for plant capacity
- Combined chlorine – Free and Total chlorine probes
- TDS level – TDS probe control
- Balanced tank level – 4-20mA level sensor
- Backwash tank – with model *PC7110
Low level OK to Backwash / High level shuts down plant
Instruments control – OUT
- VSD – 4-20mA to maintain designated flow
Signal frequently adjustable to ensure hunting does not occur
- UV control – 4-20mA for chloramine control
- TDS Bleed – TDS control with designated relay output
- Water make-up – Water level control with designated relay output
Our range of programmable controllers all have remote access capability, so you can control and monitor your facility 24/7.
With the remote operation function any number of facilities can be controlled and monitored from your computer, tablet or via our App. From a computer simply login directly via your browser using our web-server where the controller display is mirrored on your computer. True duplex operation that allows real-time control and troubleshooting of all operating functions, including status reports, trend graphs and automatic alerts by email or text messages.
In terms of connecting your controller, this can be achieved via a wired Ethernet cable, WIFI signal, or by using a wireless connection with a compatible 3G or 4G router.
Find out more: web-access options.