The Conductivity Menu is used to monitor the concentration of dissolved solids in the water. The data can be displayed either in conductivity units (microsiemens/cm) or in ppm of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), using an operator-selectable conversion factor.
The Conductivity Menu is used to set automatic replacement (dumping or bleeding) of water when the conductivity becomes too high, selecting a control set-point to activate the dump valve. Backfilling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
For Cooling Tower applications, up to three different types of chemical additives such as inhibitor and biocides can be programmed separately for automatic addition as a function of time, bleed activation, pH control activation or cumulative flow rate.
The Conductivity Menu includes allow monitoring and control of the conductivity or TDS levels, with selection of:
- Dump mode:
– Manual Dump
– Auto Feed in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
– Timer with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Sensor calibration in µs (microsiemens) (1, 2 or 3 points)
- Control Setpoint in µs (microsiemens)
- Low Alarm in µs (microsiemens)
- High alarm in µs (microsiemens)
- Time Limit with adjustable overfeed safety shutoff
- Chemical Additions with daily programs for up to three different additives
- Scale Selection for TDS factor