Paddle Wheel Flow Switch
Paddle Wheel Safety Flow Switch (PWFS)
Paddle wheel safety flow switch designed to prevent accidental feeding of chemicals on bypass line. Visual flow indication combining high visibility rotors with solid-state electronics that are packaged into compact, panel mounting housings. Provide accurate flow rate output with integral visual confirmation.
- Water Purification/Dispensing Systems
- Chemical Metering Equipment
- Lasers and Welders
- Water Injection Systems
- Semiconductor Processing Equipment
- Chillers and Heat Exchangers
- Wetted Materials Body : Brass, 316 Stainless Steel or Polypropylene (Hydrolytically Stable, Glass Reinforced)
- Rotor Pin : Ceramic
- Rotor : PPS Composite, Black
- Lens : Polysulfone
- O-Ring : Viton® (Alloy Bodies); Buna N (Polypropylene Body)
- Low Flow Adaptor : Glass Reinforced Polypropylene
- Operating Pressure, Maximum : Polypropylene Body : 100 PSIG (6.9 bar) @ 70°F (21°C), 40 PSI (2.8 bar) Max. @ 180°F (82°C).
Optional SS Face Plate 500 PSI Brass or Stainless Steel Body 200 PSIG (13.8 bar) @ 70°F (21°C), 100 PSI (6.9 bar) Max. @ 212°F (100°C)
- Operating Temperature, Brass or Stainless Steel Body : -20°F to 212°F (-29°C to 100°C). Polypropylene Body -20°F to 180°F (-29°C to 82°C)
- Electronics : 150°F (65°C) Ambient
- Viscosity, Maximum : 200 SSU
- Input Power : 4.5 VDC to 24 VDC
- Output Signal : 4.5 VDC to 24 VDC Pulse. (Sourcing)
Pulse Rate Dependent on Flow Rate, Port Size and Range.
- Current Consumption : 8 mA, No Load
- Current Source Output, Max. : 70 mA
- Frequency Output Range : 15 Hz (Low Flow) to 225 Hz (High Flow)
Accuracy See Table Below
- Electrical Termination : 22 AWG PVC-Jacketed, 24˝ Cable. Color Coded:
Red = +VDC; Black = Ground; White = Signal Output
Notes: For higher pressure/temperature ratings, stainless face plates are available upon request.
Maximum Pressure: 100 PSI
Temperature: -21°C – 82°C