Think of the controller as your own laptop, and by connecting it to a live Ethernet cable from your local network it has access to the internet.
Plug your Ethernet cable into the Network socket of the controller.
- Benefit 1 – There is no hardware cost. Network components are already embedded within the controller’ electronics.
- Benefit 2- No annual subscription.
- Benefit 3 – Seamless solution, stable and reliable internet connection.
If you have an active router on site, you can use it to establish an internet connection. In order to use this option CHEMTROL requires to install an additional electronics component – WIFI module.
The controller then communicates with the router via WIFI signal using the router’ username and password.
- WIFI electronics module has to be installed.
- Benefit – No annual subscription.
- WIFI connectivity requires to be checked on site making sure a fairly strong signal is coming from the router.
Wireless connection using a router
Your controller can also be connected via a compatible 3G or 4G router with an Ethernet cable.
In order to use this option it is required to install a router within the controller and place a sim-card from one of the local Australian Internet providers to establish web connection.
- Benefit – Seamless solution, stable and reliable internet connection.
- A router has to be installed.
- Annual subscription, sim-card has to be acquired.
Shared wireless access + control
A unique feature that allows multiple controllers in close proximity to piggyback and share a WIFI signal. The major benefit of this is you only have to connect for a single Sim-card subscription but still have full connectivity and control over all your controllers.
How does it work?
Your main controller has an Ethernet cable connected with a 4G WiFi router that accesses the internet.
All your other controllers in close proximity simply use a WiFi device to share or piggyback off the main controllers WiFi signal. This way you can add multiple controllers without paying for multiple subscriptions and save.
- Main controller: 4G WIFI router has to be installed.
- Secondary controller – WIFI electronics module has to be installed.
- Annual subscription, sim-card has to be acquired only for the main 4G router controller.
- Benefit 1 – Seamless solution, stable and reliable internet connection for multiple controllers.
- Benefit 2 – Secondary controllers do not have annual subscription.
Building Management System (BMS) Communications
The CHEMTROL® programmable controllers range can be equipped to communicate to the facility Building Management System using a number of open protocol languages.
The most common of these languages being used today are:
- Modbus IP
- Modbus RTU
- BACnet IP
- BACnet MSTP
- and LonWorks
The controllers can be configured with any of these languages.
To enable this type of communication, there will be a module installed inside the controller which will convert the language of the controller to the open protocol language.
4-20 mA Output Boards
There are several 4-20 mA Converter boards available for the CHEMTROL® programmable controllers range. They all work essentially the same way. They provide two connection terminals for the output current. Its purpose is to convert the digital outputs of the controller into analog signals that can be used by analog monitoring and control equipment.
To enable this type of communication, there will be a 4-20mA module installed inside the controller.