Inline Turbidity Meters
Pyxis ST-730 Inline Turbidity Meter Series
The Pyxis ST-730 series inline probe measures turbidity in water using a white LED as the excitation light source and by measuring the scattered light at 90-degree angle with respect to the excitation beam.
The fluidic and optical arrangement of the ST-730 series probe is designed to overcome many shortcomings associated with other inline turbidimeters. It can be easily inserted into the custommade tee with a compression fitting port designed to ensure correct positioning of the ST-730 series probe in the fluid stream.
The ST-730 series probe custom mounting tee has two ¾ inch female NPT ports for plumbing into an existing ¾ inch sample water line. The ST-730 series probe can be connected to any device that accepts an isolated or non-isolated 4-20mA input. The ST-730 series probe has a short fluidic channel that can be easily cleaned.
- Industrial water treatment process control, including raw water, cooling water, and wastewater.
- Surface water monitoring.
- Other chemical processes with middle range of turbidity.
Pyxis ST-730 Features
- Dual-wavelength: white LED and IR LED 90° scattering to achieve more reliable and accurate reading in a complex flow system.
- A small footprint compact design, similar to an industrial pH probe.
- Isolated 4-20mA output. No need for additional transmitter for easy connection to PLC and DCS.
- Isolated RS-485 output embedded for easy trouble shooting and calibration.
- Power Supply Required: 24 (±2) VDC @ 65 mA
- Material: CPVC
- Rating: IP66
- Installation: Custom tee with 3/4″ NPT ports
- Signal Output: 4-20 mA and RS-485
- Supporting ModBus protocol RTU
- Sample Water Temperature: 4 – 40 °C
- Ambient temperature during operation: 4 – 49 °C
- Ambient temperature during storage: -7 – 60 °C
- Sample Pressure: 100 PSI
- Cable Length 5 feet, terminated with IP67 connectors.
Water proof Connector
- Dimension: Length 172.7 mm
body diameter 36.6 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Regulatory: CE Marked
ST-730 Series are designed for monitoring the middle range turbidity in various applications. It is more robust and tolerant to fouling, particular matters, and air bubbles comparing to other online turbidity meters designed for relatively clean water applications.
ST-730 series turbidity probe measures two optical densities and two scattering intensities at two wavelengths. This helps measure a large turbidity range and yet maintain a fine resolution. This design also helps the probe run self-diagnoses.
- ST-731 : 0 to 10 NTU, resolution 0.05 NTU
- ST-730 : o to 100 NTU, resolution 0.1 NTU
- ST-730B: 0 to 500 NTU, resolution 1 NTU
- ST-735 : 0 to 10,000 NTU, resolution 10 NTU
Accuracy: ± 2% of reading
Cleaning and Calibration Procedure
Bypass line assembly model with pH, Chlorine (ppm) and Turbidity meter control