PC3000 PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER
A Fully Programmable Controller
The CHEMTROL® PC3000 controller is a fully programmable controller that offers automatic control of water chemistry, pH and ORP (Optional: Free Chlorine sensor with direct reading in PPM or mg/l) plus control of conductivity or TDS, water balance, water saturation and heater control. The user-friendly Main Screen display enables the operator to supervise all the process functions at a glance and to quickly respond to any changing condition.
The CHEMTROL® PC3000 controller operates like a computer with full-screen displays and direct access to all menus and submenus. The front panel keypad is used to move up and down each menu and enter or exit the submenus. All operating functions can be easily modified from the keypad, including sensor calibration, control set-points, alarm levels and the programs for super-chlorination, sequential backwashing, chemical saving and energy saving.
- Chemical Automation with ORP and pH sensors
- Temperature readout with Programmable Heater control
- Flow Cell Assembly with safety flow switch
- Sensor cleaning with programmable acid wash control
- Remote alarm
- Feed Control: Manual, ON/OFF, Proportional Feed, Timer
- Calibration: 1, 2 or 3 Points
- Langelier Index: Scaling and Corrosion alert
- Shock Program: Super-chlorination and DE-chlorinating
- Saving: Chemical and energy saver programs
- Failure Analysis: Dynamic Probe Testing with sensor failure warning for ORP and pH
- Data Logging: On-board memory for 1,000 tests
- Data Printing: Real-time with data logging or downloading from storage memory
- Passwords: Security protection with ten 5-digit codes with 3 different access levels
- Clock: 24-hour universal clock/calendar
- Battery: Maintains all settings in case of power shutdown
- Warranty: Five (5) years on electronics.
PC3000 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- ORP readout in millivolts with programmable oxidizer feed control,
- pH readout with programmable acid and base feed controls,
- Temperature readout in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius with programmable heater control,
- Bypass line with in-line filter, flow meter, safety flow switch, two control valves and sampling valve,
- Sensor cleaning with programmable acid wash control,
- Remote alarm (hot or dry contacts),
- Rain and splatter proof NEMA Type 3R fiberglass cabinet.
- OPTION PPM: PPM Sensor for Free Chlorine.
- OPTION TDS: TDS/Conductivity control with sensor for dump valve or salt chlorine generator.
- OPTION FLOW: Flow monitoring & totalizer with electronic sensor and adjustable alarms.
- OPTION LEVEL: Water level control with electronic sensor and fill valve control.
- OPTION PRESS: Influent and effluent pressure monitoring with sensors and adjustable alarms.
- OPTION ETHCOM: Full duplex remote computer operation with ethernet / Web-access.
- OPTION 420M: 4-20mA signal (4-channels) for monitoring display outputs.
- OPTION BMS: Modbus/BACnet-protocol communication for Building Management Systems.
We want to make the installation of CHEMTROL® controllers as simple as possible. This is why we have everything mounted onto a customised assembly manifold ready for connection. This assures proper water sampling around the sensors and makes for a hassle free installation that minimises the integration work needed to get your water treatment system up and running.
PC3000 – Bypass line assembly
Chlorine sensor (ppm) with pH/ORP and TDS control
Assembly set: 2x grey PVC backboard 600×400 mm
- Controller with 3x wired GPO’s ready for dosing equipment connection.
- Optional TDS bleed valve for water replacement process available upon request
- Flow Cell Assembly (FCA) with clear designated flow cell for Chlorine sensor (ppm). Assembly consist of 2x isolation valves, water sample valve, paddle wheel safety flow switch and probes holder fitting.
The Main Display Screen of the CHEMTROL PC3000 Programmable Controller gives direct access to all the menus and submenus. Navigation between the menus and inside the menus is easily accomplished with the four directional arrow keys. Numerical settings can be changed with the ten-key keypad.
The ORP MENU includes selection of the control mode (Off, Manual, Auto or Timer), sensor calibration (1, 2 or 3 points), setpoint level, high and low alarms, shocking and chemical saver programs. It also displays the run time for the current feed event and cumulative run time. Shock treatment can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The SANITIZER MENU is used to control the chlorine or bromine level in terms of sanitizer concentration (parts per million or milligrams/liter), obtained by conversion from ORP and pH values using a proprietary algorithm or from an amperometric sensor. The sanitizer concentration readings can be calibrated to account for the effect of cyanuric acid stabilization. Superchlorination can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
The pH MENU is used in the same way to select the pH control parameters using either acid or base feed or both. It also includes an Acid Wash program for periodic injection of an acid rinse solution to clean the heads of the sensors.
SATURATION and WATER BALANCE: Proper control of saturation and water balance is required to maintain water quality and to avoid the development of scaling or corrosive conditions. The Conductivity sensor monitors the concentration of dissolved solids by measuring the conductivity of the water. The data can be displayed either in conductivity units (microsiemens/cm) or in parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), using an operator-selectable conversion factor.
The TDS MENU is used to set automatic dumping (bleeding) of water when the dissolved solid concentrations becomes too high, selecting either a Conductivity or a TDS control set-point to activate the dump valve. Back-filling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
The Langelier Index calculates the saturation condition from the pH and Temperature sensor inputs and from manual data entry for Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. The water saturation condition is constantly displayed on the Main Screen as either “OK”, “Scaling” or “Corrosive” using standard Langelier Index limits. If a scaling or corrosive condition develops, it is immediately indicated with a flashing display on the Main Screen. “What if” analyses can be run at any time by manually entering different values for alkalinity, calcium hardness, pH and temperature.
TEMPERATURE / HEATER CONTROL: Temperature Sensor readings are displayed either in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius and used to control the heater. The TEMPERATURE MENU is used to set the heater control to Manual or Automatic using a programmable seven-day schedule with separate daily ON and OFF times. The energy saver program is used to lower the water temperature during hours when the facility is not in use, thereby realizing substantial savings on heating costs.
The SETUP MENU is used to modify the configuration parameters for initialization, operations and communications from their initial default values. These values can be changed at any time or restored to the original default values.
Find out more: Control Proficiency
Remote Monitoring & Control
Our range of programmable controllers all have remote access capability, so you can control and monitor your facility 24/7.
With the remote operation function any number of facilities can be controlled and monitored from your computer, or via our mobile App. From a computer simply login directly via your browser using our web-server where the controller display is mirrored on your computer.
True duplex operation that allows real-time control and troubleshooting of all operating functions, including status reports, trend graphs and automatic alerts by email or text messages. You can also access and control your controller via our dedicated app, available for Android and Apple devices.
In terms of connecting your controller, this can be achieved via a wired Ethernet cable, WIFI signal, or by using a wireless connection with a compatible 4G or 5G router.
Find out more: web-access options.